We are one of the largest Benedictine communities of women in the United States — 155 members strong and thriving. We were founded in 1867 by four young Benedictine sisters who came to Ferdinand to teach the children of area settlers. Since then, more than 1,000 women have entered our community and we've expanded our ministries both beyond education and beyond Ferdinand. We are teachers, social workers, parish ministers, counselors, nurses, youth ministers, chaplains, librarians, and more.
802 E. 10th StreetFerdinand, IN 47532812-367-1411Fax: 812-367-2313Prioress: Barbara Lynn Schmitz, OSBsisters@thedome.orgwww.thedome.org