Our Lady of Grace was founded by the Benedictine sisters of Ferdinand, Indiana at the prompting of Paul C. Schulte, Archbishop of Indianapolis. It was the Archbishop's desire to have a home for the elderly in his diocese. He approached the Ferdinand sisters with the prospect of staffing such a facility.
Because the Ferdinand community was relatively large, the sisters decided to found a daughter house and an academy for high school students in addition to the archbishop's request. The new community found their home on 30 acres of swampland in Beech Grove, Indiana a suburb of Indianapolis. The weeds and brush had to be cleared before the building could begin. After many months the new foundation began to take shape.
1402 Southern AvenueBeech Grove, IN 46107-1197317-787-3287Prioress: Juliann Babcock, OSBjuliann@benedictine.comwww.benedictine.com